Venture Back office has an opening for a staff accountant who will be responsible for general accounting activities for varying industries, including the preparation of financial statements. As a staff accountant, you may also be responsible for checking the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
- Demonstrated experience with full cycle accounting duties including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. The ability to record journal entries and conduct month-end activities and reconciliations.
- Experience producing a balance sheet and income statement financial statements in a timely fashion.
- Provide necessary information to the auditor for completion of the annual audit.
- The successful candidate will need excellent problem‐solving, analytical, and quantitative skills along with a sharp attention to detail, as well as strong time and work management skills, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and high level of focus on quality, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulation.
- The commitment to independently complete tasks to reach the clients’ goals, which at times may require hours above the standard work week.
- The candidate should have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat X (and higher), and the ability to use accounting software such as QuickBooks, but not limited to.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
Experience: 3‐5 years’ experience in an equivalent position