VBO is looking for a positive, process-driven team member to join our financial team.
Responsible for general accounting activities for varying industries, including the preparation of financial statements. Additionally, they may also be responsible for checking the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees.
- Daily recording of cash activity
- Cash management – transfer of funds, initiation of wires
- Recording of intercompany activity
- Recording Accounts Payable invoices and transactions for client approval
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Recording invoices for capital calls
- Recording wires/checks for distributions
- Maintenance of LP Reporting – upload capital call letters, distribution letters, financial statements, K-1s, etc.
- Review/Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly/quarterly general ledger close
- Preparation of financial statements
- Provide necessary information to auditor for completion of annual audit
- Prepare capital call calculations and capital call letters
- Prepare distribution calculations and distribution letters
- Responding to LP questions received through the portal
- Process payroll through ADP and other vendors if necessary
- Process W-2s and 1099s
- Treasury Management
- Excellent at creative problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills along with sharp attention to detail, as well as strong time and work management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and high level of focus on quality, accuracy and confidentiality.
- The commitment to independently complete tasks to reach the clients’ goals, which at times may require hours above the standard work week.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat X (and higher), and the ability to use accounting software.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.