Are you tired of Public Accounting? We would love to talk with you…
Responsible for accounting support to Managing Director and Operations Director, including ability to keep books and records as well as client billings and projects.
- Daily recording of cash activity
- Review/Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly/quarterly general ledger close
- Recording Accounts Payable invoices and transactions for management team
- Accounts Payable check administration and oversight
- Preparation of financial statements
- Assist with the monthly & quarterly billing schedule for VBO
- Ensure clients billings are in line with Statement of Work
- Coordinate with managers to process invoices for special projects
- Track reimbursable expenses and oversee receivables
- Maintain customer and vendor records in QuickBooks
- Process W-2s and 1099s
- Support team in ensuring timely entry of hours
- Ensure employee & client data is up to date
- Track employee time for billing
- Run time/expense reports as needed
- Support Managing Director and Operations Director with various projects
- Support in the development and maintenance of organizational standards
- Ability to pull from multiple sources of data to create and maintain master spreadsheets
- Proof reading
- Maintain file system
- Other duties as assigned
- Quickbooks experience and proficiency is a must.
- Excellent at creative problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills along with sharp attention to detail, as well as strong time and work management skills.
- Resourceful and motivated to find outside-the-box solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with many different work styles.
- Ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and high level of focus on quality, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- The commitment to independently complete tasks, which at times may require hours above the standard work week.
- The ability to work across multiple software platforms, transferring and manipulating data.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position; a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copy machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use their hands, and reach with hands and arms.