Venture Back office has an opening for a staff accountant treasury who will be performing various cash, disbursement, and cash accounting activities within the client treasury function. The role is focused on the General Ledger duties; performing accounting functions within the various financial systems, bank reconciliations, audit inquiries, and backup of other core treasury functions, e.g. cash position and electronic payments, as assigned. This individual will when necessary instruct staff on how and when to take certain measures that will be beneficial to the company as well as participate in various additional projects and duties as requested by management.
- Ensure the efficient management of company’s bank accounts
- Journal creation for bank account transactions
- Maintain and manage financial records, logs, spreadsheets, and registers
- Ensure the client banking operations; seeing to it that all funds are appropriately banked ensuring efficiency and returns
- Ensure conformity of client bank account, reconciling of bank statements against the GL, and clearing accounts assigned
- Check and verify cash transactions; investigate and propose possible resolution for any discrepancies
- Handle receipt, banking, and protection of company funds, securities, and financial products
- Maintain an efficient system of policies that adequately control treasury activities
- Ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational and capital investment needs
- Prepare financial reports
- Maintain positive banking relationships
- Monitor third party activities handling outsourced treasury functions
- Additional Treasury duties as necessary
- The successful candidate will need excellent problem‐solving, analytical, and quantitative skills along with a sharp attention to detail, as well as strong time and work management skills, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and high level of focus on quality, accuracy, and confidentiality.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulation.
- The commitment to independently complete tasks to reach the clients’ goals, which at times may require hours above the standard work week.
- The candidate should have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Acrobat X (and higher), and the ability to use accounting software such as QuickBooks, but not limited to.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience: 7+ years of experience, preferably including 2-3 years’ experience in cash management