CPAs and CPA candidates who want an alternative to public accounting are ideal for this position…
Venture Back Office has an opening for an entry level Staff or Senior Accountant with a focus on valuations to provide support for our clients who are seeking assistance in preparing ASC 820 Fair Market Valuations. In this position, the individual will work with numerous clients simultaneously, requesting, collecting, organizing and evaluating data and legal documents. In addition, the individual will work on ad hoc modeling and financials reporting projects.
While this is an entry level position, depending on experience capabilities of the individual, this position offers the opportunity for rapid advancement. Ideal candidate should possess at least an undergraduate degree in accounting, exceptional excel skills and be a fast learner.
- Perform valuation analysis on a wide-range of private entities within various industries using valuation and allocation methodologies accepted by both industry and valuation practitioners.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and analyze data from multiple sources to include, but not limited to legal documents, financial reports, capitalization tables, and client communications to extract accurate and relevant valuation information.
- Evaluate information received for accuracy; identify discrepancies and follow up with the client/manager.
- Request valuation documents from clients and follow up to ensure all documents are received as well as saving the support documents to company servers.
- Update valuation models for current period financials, market comparable companies and transactions, and capital structure changes.
- Assist in preparing and presenting the results of valuation analyses in a clear concise manner.
- Participate in client/auditor calls.
- Prepare valuation models using company templates, if applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements for clients, which includes supporting tasks such as; bank reconciliations, journal entries, documentation, etc.
- Possess advanced excel skills, which includes spreadsheet design and formula comprehension. Must also possess excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills along with a sharp attention to detail. Furthermore, any candidate must be able to construct complex calculations based on interpretation of legal documents.
- The ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, including managing competing demands and the ability to adjust to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, which at times may require hours above the standard work week.
- Proven creative problem-solving and quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening and question asking skills.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience